The ServerSetup.log file also references error 1603 in various places. This is caused by name resolution (DNS lookup) failures. Examine your DNS configuration for any or more of the following errors:
Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 installation did not complete successfully. Review the error log for information, and then try Setup again.
ID: 205. Details: Fatal error during installation
Virtual Machine Manager Server installation did not successfully install. All items that were copied during the installation process have been removed, however some required prerequisite software is still present on the machine. It is not necessary to remove the remaining software before you run Setup again. But you can uninstall the prerequisite software by going to Add or Remove Programs.
For error details, click the Error tab.
- Misconfigured TCP/IP settings
- Primary DNS is misconfigured on the VMM server
- The VMM server is unable to resolve the DC by name
- The VMM server does not have a record in DNS
- The DC is unable to get proper name resolution of the VMM server
- Incorrect DNS forwarding
- DNS is not functioning correctly on the DNS server
Once the errors have been corrected, reinstall the VMM server component.